Regimens For Intra-articular Viscosupplementation
*UPDATE: INCREASED AWARD*
*UPDATE: AREAS OF FOCUS FOR REFERENCES OF INTEREST*
References of interest: Conference Notes and Non-patent literature
No further patents are to be submitted
*******ADDITIONAL PRODUCT NAMES ADDED TO THE LIST BELOW*******
This Study relates to a method for treating a knee joint of a subject suffering from osteoarthritis with an injectable hyaluronic acid viscosupplement.
The viscosupplement is administered intra-articularly to the knee joint in a single dose (either as a single injection or as a series of multiple injections within a 24-hour period) and comprises a hyaluronan (HA) based viscosupplement that does not contain additional active components. The total dosage is between 24 mg and 100 mg.
References of interest may describe the half-life of the HA product, and references of particular interest describe HA products for which the half-life measurement was based on data points taken beyond 28 days post-injection and/or taken throughout the period of efficacy
References of particular interest will disclose a method of administering 2 or 3 intra-articular injections of Synvisc® (Hylan GF20) or Jonexa (Hylastan SGL80) (viscosupplement) at one time.
References disclosing a method of administering 2 or 3 intra-articular injections of the following viscosupplement products at one time are also of interest:
• Artz® or Supartz® or Artzal
• Hyalgan® or Hyalart
• Orthovisc® or Monovisc®
• Synocrom Forte
• Hyal 50%
CONFERENCES/MEETING/ORGANIZATIONS OF INTEREST:
Some possible Organizations and Groups of particular interest:
1) Orthopedic Conferences/Organizations
2) Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Organizations and Conferences. The American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation would be a good example. Doctors in this area of practice are known as a Physiatrist if this helps.
3) Internal Medicine Societies and Conferences. Internal Medicine is a broad topic so please focus references on the areas outline in the Study.
4) Pain Specialist Organizations
5) Pain Clinics – These clinics often had days where patents could just come to get their injections and they believe this maybe a place where this method of administration was use.
Please complete the eligibility questionnaire below. The questions apply to the study patent and each reference you submit for this study.
This Study is a request for prior art, only non-patent literature, that provides a path to invalidity for the Study patent claims that is not already known. The Reward is guaranteed to be paid to the Researcher who submits the highest quality prior art.
This Study is subject to the Shared Reward program.
There is a preferred Latest Date for Prior Art of December 29, 2003.
Please see the details outlined in the Study Descriptions for Study requirements. For additional details please see the claims in the downloadable copy of the patent.
Become a Researcher
To date, Article One has paid out $7,195,092 to the Researchers.
Choose your work
Select research projects that suit your personal preferences.
Receive monetary compensation for submitting high-quality research.
Learn while you earn
Explore new tech areas as you develop your research skills.