How It Works for Clients
Our products and solutions help across every phase of the patent life cycle. Here's how the process works for our clients.
Identify unique and hard-to-find evidence through our global community of 27,000+ Researchers by running a research Study with Article One. We have price points that work within most budgets, from individual searches to larger memberships. Our Studies follow four main stages, as indicated below:
Stage 1: Study Development
- Identify your company's IP challenge
- Work with our Team to develop a research Study
- Post the Study to our Community
Stage 2: Community Research
- Community accesses the Study online
- Researchers conduct research
- Researchers submit high-quality references to the online portal
Stage 3: Review Team Analysis
- AOP Review Team assesses the references through our iterative process
- Works with you to guide Researchers in new directions as they submit references
- Prioritizes the most valuable submissions from the collection
Stage 4: Informed IP Strategy
- Inform your business need with the best submissions from your reference collection
- Have the option to use the complete collection of unique submissions to inform your IP strategy
- Help your company to make the best patent-related business decisions
Confidentiality & Discoverability:
Article One goes to great lengths to protect the identity and confidentiality of clients. We accommodate client requests explicitly, including refraining from identifying a company as a client even in confidential sales meetings. Neither the Researchers nor visitors to the Article One website are made aware of client identities on Studies.
Article One does not practice law, and does not provide any legal opinion or analysis - we only provide the results of Studies to the clients for their attorney evaluation. On this basis, Article One serves as a non-testifying consulting expert. In the four years since the launch of Article One, there has been only a single instance where a party sought a motion to compel. The subpoena was subsequently denied as œan act of desperation, in the words of The Honorable M. Cederbaum.
Throughout the course of a Study, our Review Team works to analyze and assess all references submitted by the Researcher community. At regular intervals during the Study, the Review Team works with the client to review the progress of the Study. This allows the client an opportunity to help guide the Community based on direct feedback, narrowing the focus of the Community and often leading to new reference discoveries.
For more information, please read about our Products and Services.
If you're ready to speak with an AOP Team representative, please contact us to learn more.